In this site you will find all the information you need if you’re planning to face School Entrance Tests for your child or for yourself. You will find the pages divided into
- 11+ Grammar
- Standard Assessment Tests
- Private Schools
School Entrance Test Introduction
- 11+ Grammar: 11 Plus Tests by UK region
- Standard Assessment Tests: Divided into Keystage 1and Keystage 2 Tests.
- Keystage 1: Here you will find links to English, Maths and Science specimen papers for learners at the end of Keystage1.
- Keystage 2: Here you will find links to English, Maths and Science specimen papers for learners at the end of Keystage2.
- Private Schools: Prep Schools, Private Schools and 6th Form Private Schools. For each of these, you will find subcategories of:
- Admissions Information: Listing Prep, Private or 6th Form Private Schools in London with links to the Admissions pages for each for easy access to school entrance information and selective school tests used for each.
- Entrance Exam information: Listing our vast collection of independent school sample papers for these London Private Schools.
What is the difference between a grammar school and a private school
- Private Schools: There is a huge range of Independent/private schools spread out over Great Britain, Ireland, The Channel Islands and the Isle of Man. Private or independent schools are fee-paying schools. Although these terms are used interchangeably, there is a slight difference. Independent schools are those that do not receive funding from its state government. Private schools are however independent schools that are overseen by a board of governors or trustees. These schools are fee paying and most of them are members of the ISI (Independent Schools Inspectorate). They are independent of many regulations that apply to state schools. The biggest of these regulations that they are independent of is the National Curriculum.
- Grammar Schools: Grammar schools in England and subsequently in British territories overseas have a long and colourful history as part of a highly rated education system. Originally Grammar schools taught Latin and were attached to cathedrals and monasteries. In more recent days, Grammar schools are seen as selective academically-oriented secondary schools in England and Wales. They now teach a wide variety of subjects. Today only 164 of these Grammar schools still remain in England. There are no remaining Grammar schools in North East England and 67 Grammar schools in Northern Ireland.
Here is a list for easy access to:
- 11+ Independent School Sample Papers
- 13+ Exam Papers
- 16+ Entrance Exam Papers
- Grammar School Entrance Exams
- All our sample private school entrance exams
- Newest Past Papers Update
- School Entrance Test Papers Index
Keep an eye out for our newest additions to these papers and updates on schools, this information will be updated regularly.