Firstly find below spelling and grammar tips for making the best out of your assessment.
Spelling and Grammar Tips
- This section of the Professional Skills Test – Literacy test firstly measures your ability to spell correctly.
- You need to use standard English spellings.
- Most questions will present you with a sentence. This sentence contains a missing word. Subsequently, insert the correct missing word from the options presented.
- Your ability to apply effective punctuation may also be assessed. Accurate punctuation is also a key element of written communication. Badly punctuated writing is like a road without road markings – it is therefore all too easy for the reader to get lost and confused.
- You will be presented with a block of text with missing or incorrect punctuation. You will, therefore, need to highlight each punctuation error and also where missing punctuation should be inserted.
- This will be done in a computerised format in the actual test. There will be a block of all the possible punctuation marks and the letters of the alphabet on-screen. You will drag the correct punctuation from this block to its position in the passage.
- An essential component of effective written and spoken communication is the use of good grammar is
- For example, selecting the correct phrase or sentence to insert into a short passage. You will be given a choice of several choices, only one of which is grammatically correct.
11 PLUS MATHS
Firstly, here are some excellent 11+ Maths tips.
Next, the School Entrance Tests 11+ Maths Practice.
11 PLUS VERBAL REASONING
In our opinion these are some of the best 11 plus tips for Verbal Reasoning.
11 PLUS ENGLISH
Firstly, to improve your literacy skills.
Secondly, practice to improve your spelling and grammar.
Thirdly, some general 11 Plus English Practice.
11 PLUS NON-VERBAL REASONING
We are very proud of our 11 Plus work with the City Kids magazine.
11 PLUS TIPS
Firstly, our top Maths test tips. And here are some useful mental Maths practice.
Also, we hope you enjoy our top tips to improve your literacy skills.
11 PLUS PRACTICE
You will find this to be useful mental Maths practice.
OUR 11 PLUS BLOGS
So, for anyone aspiring to become an 11-plus tutor this blog explains how to do just that.
Next, this blog explains the differences between the GL 11+ CEM 11+ and the Essex 11+ exams.
Lucid Reading Test Results. / Top Tips for Successful 11-plus Preparation. / School Open Days. / Now is the best time to start your 11+ Prep for 2019.