Firstly find below spelling and grammar tips for making the best out of your assessment.
Spelling and Grammar Tips
- This section of the Professional Skills Test – Literacy test firstly measures your ability to spell correctly.
- You need to use standard English spellings.
- Most questions will present you with a sentence. This sentence contains a missing word. Subsequently, insert the correct missing word from the options presented.
- Your ability to apply effective punctuation may also be assessed. Accurate punctuation is also a key element of written communication. Badly punctuated writing is like a road without road markings – it is therefore all too easy for the reader to get lost and confused.
- You will be presented with a block of text with missing or incorrect punctuation. You will, therefore, need to highlight each punctuation error and also where missing punctuation should be inserted.
- This will be done in a computerised format in the actual test. There will be a block of all the possible punctuation marks and the letters of the alphabet on-screen. You will drag the correct punctuation from this block to its position in the passage.
- An essential component of effective written and spoken communication is the use of good grammar is
- For example, selecting the correct phrase or sentence to insert into a short passage. You will be given a choice of several choices, only one of which is grammatically correct.