Firstly, which are the most useful Kent 11 plus papers? Well, to maximise the success of your Kent 11 plus practice are those similar to the actual Kent 11 plus papers written by the 11 plus publisher GL Assessment.
Our Top 11 Plus Tips
Firstly, try our Maths tips and or our 11 plus English Comprehension practice. Secondly, we also offer 11+ Verbal Reasoning practice. And then next, find out more tips by reading What Score Do You Need For Passing 11 Plus; the most popular grammar schools; and our feature on 11 plus exam differences.
Then finally some further 11+ past papers.
See our useful grammar school guides: firstly Where is my local grammar school?
and then also Where’s my local London Grammar Schools?
Kent’s 11 plus test results were sent out on 2nd Nov. Those registered online, were sent an email after 4pm on Kent’s 11 plus results day.
- Kent pupils 11 plus exam on 15th Oct and 17th Oct (other school applicants).
- Folkestone School for Girls 11 plus exam.
- Harvey Boys Grammar School 11 plus exam.
Introduction to the Kent 11 Plus exam
The first test will be an English and Maths paper and will take 1 hour.
Each section will involve a 5-minute practice exercise followed by a 25-minute test. The English section will involve a comprehension exercise as well as some additional questions drawn from a set designed to test literacy skills.
The second test will be a reasoning paper. It will take about 1 hour, including the practice sections and questions. It will contain a verbal reasoning section and a non-verbal reasoning section of roughly the same length. The non-verbal reasoning will be split into short sections, administered and timed individually.
There will also be a writing exercise which will not be marked but may be used by a local headteacher panel as part of the headteacher assessment stage of the process. 40 minutes will be allowed for the writing task, including 10 minutes of planning time.
For more information, have a look at the Kent Familiarisation Booklet.
The list below shows the Kent Grammar School entrance info. You will, therefore, find information on the relevant Grammar School and the town it is in from the links below.
Kent 11 plus Exam Format
The first Kent 11 plus paper is a one-hour multiple-choice question paper that is split into 2 sections. This section comprises English and mathematics. Every section consists of 5 minutes of exercise practice.
Whereas, the second Kent 11 plus paper is a one hour paper that will be split into 2 sections that comprise of nonverbal reasoning or spatial awareness and verbal reasoning. In the 3rd test, 40 minutes writing test will be conducted that includes a planning time of 10 minutes.
Kent Grammar School Entrance
Kent is the area in the UK with the most grammar schools. 35 fully selective schools in total:
- Barton Court Grammar School, Canterbury (mixed)
- Borden Grammar School, Sittingbourne (boys)
- Chatham and Clarendon Grammar School, Ramsgate (mixed)
- Cranbrook School, Cranbrook (mixed)
- Dane Court Grammar School, Broadstairs (mixed)
- Dartford Grammar School, Dartford (boys) and Dartford Grammar School for Girls, Dartford (girls)
- Dover Grammar School for Boys, Dover (boys) and Dover Grammar School for Girls, Dover (girls)
- Folkestone School for Girls, Folkestone (girls)
- Gravesend Grammar School, Gravesend (boys)
- Mayfield Grammar School, Gravesend (girls)
- Harvey Grammar School, Folkestone (boys)
- Highsted Grammar School, Sittingbourne (girls)
- Highworth Grammar School for Girls, Ashford (girls)
- Invicta Grammar School, Maidstone (girls)
- The Judd School, Tonbridge (boys)
- Maidstone Grammar School, Maidstone (boys) and Maidstone Grammar School for Girls, Maidstone (girls)
- The Norton Knatchbull School, Ashford (boys)
- Oakwood Park Grammar School, Maidstone (boys)
- Queen Elizabeth’s Grammar School, Faversham (mixed)
- Simon Langton Grammar School for Boys, Canterbury (boys) and Simon Langton Grammar School for Girls, Canterbury (girls)
- Sir Roger Manwood’s School, Sandwich (mixed)
- The Skinners’ School, Tunbridge Wells (boys)
- Tonbridge Grammar School, Tonbridge (girls)
- Tunbridge Wells Girls’ Grammar School, Tunbridge Wells (girls) and Tunbridge Wells Grammar School for Boys, Tunbridge Wells (boys)
- Weald of Kent Grammar School, Tonbridge (girls)
- Wilmington Grammar School for Boys, Wilmington (boys) and Wilmington Grammar School for Girls, Wilmington (girls)
- Holcombe Grammar School, Chatham (boys)
- Chatham Grammar School for Girls, Chatham (girls)
- Fort Pitt Grammar School, Chatham (girls)
- Rainham Mark Grammar School, Rainham (mixed)
- Sir Joseph Williamson’s Mathematical School, Rochester (boys)
- Rochester Grammar School, Rochester (girls)
County 11 plus guides to our free 11 plus Practice Papers
Firstly, Bucks 11 plus practice papers. Secondly, Devon 11 plus exam papers. Thirdly, Essex 11 plus test papers. Fourthly, Kent 11 plus practice papers. Next, Gloucestershire 11 plus exam papers . And then,Lincolnshire 11 plus test papers. Also, London 11 plus practice papers. Then, Yorkshire 11 plus exam papers. Also our Slough 11 plus test papers. Then Reading 11 plus practice papers. Next, West Midlands 11 plus exam papers And so then penultimately we also offer,South-East 11 plus test papers. With our final South-West 11 plus practice tests coming last but, in our opinion, certainly not least!
Our Kent 11 Plus Practice Guide for parent