Firstly, the list below shows the Bucks 11 plus Grammar School entrance info.
Secondly, you will find information on the relevant Grammar School and the town it is in from the links below.
* * * UPDATED July 2021 * * *
Bucks 11 plus Exam Format
The Bucks 11 plus exam is a multiple-choice entrance exam lasting approx. 1 hour including 10 mins for the initial administration. Then, 50 minutes to answer the Bucks 11 plus questions. There is a 30 min break between the English and Maths papers.
Buckinghamshire 11 plus dates 2022
- 11 plus exam between 27th to 30th Oct (out-of-county children)
- 2nd to 5th Nov. for Bucks children +
Grammar schools in England and subsequently in British territories overseas have a long and colourful history as part of a highly rated education system. As far back as the sixth century, there are mentions of these schools. However, the term ‘scolae grammaticales’ (Grammar schools) was only used since the 14th century.
Originally these schools were attached to cathedrals and monasteries and taught Latin because this was seen as the language of the church.
However, in more recent days, Grammar schools are seen as selective academically-oriented secondary schools in England. They also now teach a wide variety of subjects.
Interestingly, these schools were one part of the state-funded education system from around 1944 to the late 1960’s. The other part of this stated funded system was state schools. However, after this era, many of these schools became independent, charging fees. Subsequently, other former grammar schools were abolished or became state-funded comprehensive schools.
Buckinghamshire 11 plus
Our 11 Plus Exam Tips
And then finally, some very helpful 11 Plus English Comprehension practice.
Buckinghamshire Grammar School Entrance
- Aylesbury Grammar School, Aylesbury (boys)
- Aylesbury High School, Aylesbury (girls)
- Beaconsfield High School, Beaconsfield (girls)
- Burnham Grammar School, Burnham (mixed)
- Chesham Grammar School, Chesham (mixed)
- Dr Challoner’s Grammar School, Amersham (boys)
- Dr Challoner’s High School, Little Chalfont (girls)
- John Hampden Grammar School, High Wycombe (boys)
- Royal Grammar School, High Wycombe (boys)
- Royal Latin School, Buckingham (mixed)
- Sir Henry Floyd Grammar School, Aylesbury (mixed)
- Sir William Borlase’s Grammar School, Marlow (mixed)
- Wycombe High School, High Wycombe (girls)
County 11 plus guides to our Free 11 plus Practice Papers
Firstly, Bucks 11 plus practice papers. Secondly, Devon 11 plus exam papers. Thirdly, Essex 11 plus test papers. Fourthly, Kent 11 plus practice papers. Next, Gloucestershire 11 plus exam papers . And then,Lincolnshire 11 plus test papers. Also, London 11 plus practice papers. Then, Yorkshire 11 plus exam papers. Also our Slough 11 plus test papers. Then Reading 11 plus practice papers. Next, West Midlands 11 plus exam papers And so then penultimately we also offer,South-East 11 plus test papers. With our final South-West 11 plus practice tests coming last but, in our opinion, certainly not least!
Bucks 11 Plus Practice