The world is evolving and we all hear the words “digital”, “technology”, “edtech” and “STEAM” more each day. In this process of drastic changes, we are sure that the jobs of the future will not be the same as today. While it is expected that 40% of the current jobs will disappear in the following…
All our career blogs below
Jobs in Art and Design
Jobs that Use Art and Design
Art and Design provide a wide variety of career opportunities. For example, photography, prosthetic makeup artist, fashion designer etc. Learn more by clicking below.
Computing and ICT
Jobs that use Computers & ICT
Recent advancements in information technology have given rise to several jobs in this sector. Many young people are currently making careers in the gaming industry.
Jobs in Design & Tech
Design & Tech
The field of design and technology offer several career opportunities. These can include web design, electircal engineering and other fields within this group of subjects.
English & Drama
English & Drama
For certain types of careers, proficiency and interest in the English language and communication skills are a must.
Food & Nutrition
Food & Nutrition
Individuals interested in food and nutrition can find a perfect opportunity to grow in various career options the field offers. See more on these options by clicking below.
Jobs in Geography
Geography provides impressive careers for individuals interested in studying the environment. This can range from ecology, conservation to seismology.
Maths is useful in almost all careers, but some professions rely heavily on Maths. Careers like an actuary, accountant and estimator would be the most obvious.
Media Studies provide several career opportunities for individuals who have a passion in this field. A music photographer, film producer, actor or social media manager would be included.
Jobs in Music
Jobs that use Music
Many individuals are making a living in the music industry. Music festivals create several jobs for artists and behind-the-scenes workers such as sound engineers and producers.
Individuals who love PE can turn their passion into suitable career, such as karate instructor, sports coach, physiotherapist. Anything related to physical education at schools or privately.
Jobs in Science
Jobs that use Science
Science provides a vast range of jobs for graduates in various fields. Medical professions, such as prosthetist, gp’s, specialists and researchers are only some.
At School Entrance Tests we aim to take the anxiety out of school entrance tests for students and parents. We provide a vast collection of free private and grammar school entrance exams and educational resources.
We understand how stressful entrance exams can be and therefore want to level the playing field for those who can’t afford tutors / private education.
Even though we are still very much ‘the new kid on the block’, we not only provide the biggest selection of all types of entrance tests anywhere online (all for FREE), we also create fun and effective 10-minute tests in the form of quizzes. Through these, we aim to get children to practice exam questions within time restraints. At the same time, they can review the feedback to their answers independently. Not only does this free up parents/tutors, but also give children some responsibility for their own learning.
10 Study Skills Tips
Find time to study.
- In our opinion if you manage your time badly, you will be less productive. So manage it well! This can lead to increased stress and anxiety levels. In particular, around exam time.
Keep to a routine.
- And next, work in the same place at the same time each day. Also, make sure you have everything you need before you start.
Work to your strengths.
- Also, try to schedule challenging tasks for when you are most alert. And routine ones for when you are more tired.
Don’t waste time.
- Rather than reading irrelevant material, skim and scan. Then decide if you need to read something in-depth.
- Plus, switch emails and social media off. This prevents your mind wandering while trying to learn new information!
Regularly review your notes – Edit out what you don’t need. Ask yourself the question, Is this relevant to my assignment? How does it relate to what I already know?
Vary how you to take notes.
- And you can also use Mind Maps and diagrams to generate ideas. Or to focus your ideas for essay or report plans.
- Plus, make sure that you always add your own comment to every concept or quotation that you write down. Maintain a critical and analytical approach at all times!
Plan your work.
- And then if writing an assignment produce a detailed plan before you start to write it. This will make the drafting process much less stressful
Understand different styles.
- So, this is to help you to understand different writing styles next. For example, academic journal and journalistic styles. You can put what you read into perspective. In particular, you can become more aware of any particular bias.
Our Popular Personality Surveys
You might also enjoy the following:
Firstly, How stressed is your child?
Our latest practice tests book on Amazon
Are you chasing a job that you really want, but need to take an aptitude test to get it?
With the help of this book, you’ll sharpen your skills and quickly become confident in your ability to pass.
Exam preparation for all, all in one place