The London Consortium of schools have just changed their exam format for 2023 enty. We am here to summarize must know facts about the new London Consortium exam 2023.
Our new London Consortium practice tests are a bespoke combination of the different questions.
London Consortium Familiarisation test
This is very informative on the entrance exam, how to answer it and even provides some example questions.
What’s in the new London Consortium 11+ test?
The 12 schools in the Consortium have a shared examination process which includes a bespoke two-stage online examination. The assessment, lasting a total of 100 minutes, will be taken at the candidate’s current school in December. The exact timings for Part 1 and 2 of the exam can be found below:
Part 1 ondon Consortium test
- Maths test 11+ section (20 mins)
- Non-Verbal Reasoning 11+ section (10 mins)
- English Comprehension 11+ and Verbal Reasoning 11+ sections (30 mins)
Part 2 London Consortium test
- Problem Solving 11+ section (15 mins)
- Creative and Analytical 11+ section (25 mins)
The London 11+ Consortium has gone to great lengths to make the assessment process as simple as possible. They have eliminated lengthy English and Math papers, focusing on cognitive ability assessment. The consortium makes use of three complementary approaches.
- Bespoke cognitive tests. 75 minutes consisting of Maths, Verbal and Non-verbal reasoning. These are all multiple choice questions. The test provider is CEM and therefore these questions are very hard to get hold of.
- Common reference form. Providing wider contextual information on attitudes, character and comments on academic performance.
- An interview experience. This is individual to each senior school. In the interview process, there will be a focus on the candidate’s aptitude, skills and intellectual perceptiveness
practice London consortium 11 plus papers
London Consortium schools
With a shared interest in making the admissions process simple and effective, they manage this process collectively. As stated by them on London 11+ Consortium website:
“With concern for the pressure which the current 11+ application system places on young children and for the damage to learning which relentless ‘teaching to the test’ produces, we seek to simplify the process and reduce the number of examinations which they sit, whilst providing a better tool of assessment to elicit the information which can match candidates to schools best fitting their profile.”
- Firstly, Channing School, Highgate.
Channing school was founded in 1885 and is still an independent day school for girls. In 2015 this ISI awarded the school with their highest possible judgement at its inspection. Providing proof of their consistent excellent exam results.
- Regnets Park Francis Holland School.
Francis Holland School was founded in 1870 and is still an independent day school for girls. The school in Regents Park only makes up half of the Francis Holland School Institute. The other school is Francis Holland School near Sloane Square (SW1). Both schools are well-known for their focus on sport.
- Francis Holland School, Sloane Square.
As mentioned above this school is linked to their counterpart in Regents Park. The Francis Holland School, Sloane Square was founded in 1881. Both schools are well-known for their focus on sport. The Francis Holland School, Sloane Square is also well-known for its outstanding teaching in Arts, Modern Foreign Languages and History.
- Godolphin & Latymer, Hammersmith.
Godolphin & Latymer was founded in 1861. It is an independent day school for girls. The school has a strong academic history and offers a variety of extra-curricular activities.
- More House, Knightsbridge.
- Also, Queen’s College London, Marylebone.
- Plus, Queen’s Gate School, South Kensington.
- And South Hampstead High School, South Hampstead.
- Then also, St Helen’s School London, Northwood.
- Finally, St James Senior School London, Kensington Olympia
– London consortium 11 plus papers –
London Consortium English 11 Plus past papers
London Consortium Maths 11 Plus past papers
London 11 plus consortium – – all the free practice resources and all the admissions info you need in one place