Here’s School Entrance Tests‘ Year 6 Critical Thinking Test Practice. We aim to help with the Year 5 to Year 6 transition for those pupils struggling with their critical thinking skills.
11+ Critical Thinking Test Practice
Our premium 11+ Critical Thinking product will familiarise students who have not encountered critical thining questions previously. It’s vital to understand how to approach the key 11+ critical thinking question types that will appear in any Year 6 critical thinking entry exam. This will help pupils practice their logical reasoning and problem solving skills.
How important are Critical Thinking skills?
More and more independent schools are recognising critical thinking’s value in their top pupils.
Hence, many independent schools have started to include an assessment of Critical Thinking skills in their entry process. either:
- At the interview stage; or
- More recently in the independent schools’s written exam. The 2022 London Consortium 11 plus now includes Critical Thinking & Analysis.
Want to know more about critical thinking skills?
Let’s start with the Critical Thinking definition. Critical thinking skills are
- Analysing facts and evidence objectively,
- Making accurate observations; and
- Being able to argue your point objectively;
- Making correct inferences and deductions.
University admissions tests of critical thinking skills
In fact, there are several university admissions tests which also assess applicants’ critical thinking skills: