We hope you find our HAT Admissions test info useful.
Our HAT Admissions test guide
How to get a High HAT score?
There is no particular syllabus that a student can pick up and start working on. It is based on all the historical knowledge that the student has acquired to date. The key skills that are required in this process are insight imagination and that need to be understood by the tone of the audience and what is being left unsaid.
Best HAT practice
The practice that is done will reduce the amount of time being spent naturally while learning historical teachings and focusing on things that will educate the individual about things that happened in the past. The questions that will come will be based on situations that the students might have encountered in the past in history lessons and articles.
A general idea of human history and specifically about political history will come in handy in this kind of examination. It can be guaranteed that enough practice will reduce the amount of effort being spent on figuring out the right answer and the students will also not get puzzled when they see a critical question.
The intention of answering questions and tackling issues will come naturally. Using the past HAT papers and practicing accordingly will be one of the best ways for coming up with better answers. A piece of insider information states that the coming HAT examination will be based on the History of the World-Conqueror, Ghengis Khan.
Materials to Practice for the 2022 HAT exam
For the 2022 HAT examination, the students can practice from all the past papers from 2020, 2021 and even before 2020. Furthermore, there are many mock papers available on websites that will allow the students to practice better. The Oxbridge Applications website provides the students with more than 5 years past questions and there are at least 30% more questions and even more than they can practice with. One will find HAT admission test tuitions as well, where the trained graduates often provide their insights so that the new ones have an idea of what the environment of the test is and how new applicants should be perceiving the questions.
How to score high HAT marks
The main task for scoring good marks is not always to have a good knowledge of history. Rather, students should be reading the document that will be provided in the examination and draw some of its features. For example, if a student is provided a document highlighting the Mughal Empire, then he or she might not have any knowledge about that period in history. What they will need to do is understand and summarize what the document is stating in their head and point out some salient features, advantages, what could have been done better, and kind of instances to raise the bar.
What is the HAT admissions test?
- Has only one section called the source analysis section.
- Stands for History Assessment Tests.
- Is a 1-hour examination.
- Assesses basic historical knowledge.
Tips for Scoring Better in the HAT Admissions test
- The HAT assesses students’ history knowledge. For example, how well they were able to interpret historical sources. Most of the time, the sources are very obscure. So, it’s important that students read them multiple times to build an idea of what the author is trying to say there.
- Some HAT questions are quite complex. It’s therefore vital to reading each HAT question multiple times.
- Start your HAT preparation as early as possible.
- Practice mock questions to build your HAT question knowledge about what HAT questions tend to look like.
- The Oxbridge Applications website or tool is quite beneficial when it comes to scoring well on the examinations.