So, What do CAT4 results mean?
This feature aims to tell you what school aptitude test results, like your CAT4 results, actually mean for your child’s education.
How do school aptitude test results, like CAT4, help pupils’ education?
- Pupils can track their own academic progress using the CAT4’s progress indicators.
- The results are good indicators to GCSE, A-level and IB course success.
- GL’s individual student report for teachers provides data that helps to understand a pupils learning profile.
- The implications for teaching and learning are profound and base decisions on objective not subjective opinion.
GL Assessment’s CAT4 school aptitude test results from its CAT4 assessment which is the UK’s most widely used school aptitude test. It requires no prior knowledge and so the best CAT4 preparation is to take CAT4 practice tests, like those listed below:
- Availability all year around
- Offers immediately available results.
- There are 4 areas of reasoning which are measured; quantitative, verbal, non-verbal and spatial.
- The last skills is extremely important for science, technology, engineering, and maths.
- This is an ability not measured by other tests at school such as the 11+ or SATs.
What does the CAT4 offer pupils?
- Supports measuring student abilities and the admissions process into selective schools.
- The 3 aptitude tests are not dependent on language…
- Is therefore suitable for second language students too.
What the CAT4 offers parents
- Supports personalized learning.
- Improves parental engagement.
- Provides direction for informed intervention strategies.
What the CAT4 offers teachers
GL Assessment’s CAT4…
- Gives direction for informed intervention strategies.
- Setting and monitoring of each student’s most suitable academic goals.
- Provides reports are available for senior school leaders to help provide strategic direction focusing on…
- Areas where the school or class as a whole can improve.
- Essential data to help personalise learning, engage with parents, and monitor progress.