Bespoke Education Planning Service
Welcome to our bespoke education planning service.
- Understanding your family’s needs, aspirations and your child’s skills.
- Pinpoint your child’s strengths strengths
- Highlight their education gaps due to their having followed a different curriculum abroad.
- Be assessed by leading educational experts
- Discuss those potential school options we recommend
- Take into account all of your family’s preferences
has changed enormously over the last few decades. Boarding schools in the UK are not in the
business of trying to ‘anglicise’ international pupils. Britain itself is an increasingly international
and multi-cultural place.
Education is changing
Education is changing. Therefore education planning is becoming more and more individual. Technology continues to have an increasingly significant impact on education. Technology does this as it affects the form and distribution of learning materials. Books have become e-books (and/or PDFs) and in-person tutors have become online tutors. This year, many teachers became online teachers. Learning live online is now better.
Why not read more about online learning through video courses.
International pupils reap the benefits of a broad and challenging academic and pastoral experience at their new schools. Making international school placements work is a big challenge.
Suitability cannot be based on league-table rankings or raw academic scores. Therefore pupil assessment has to look much deeper. The English Education Guaranteed, launched at the end of July, assures placement at one of our member schools. Dependent upon the applicant passing through our initial assessment process. At the heart of this service is our focus upon each applicant’s individual needs, and on securing the right student for the right school. Our clients undertake our Learner Profile Assessment. This assessment incorporates a video interview and a six-point evaluation. Read more about a different approach to international school placement.
Our Top Ten Study Skills Tips
Welcome to our 10 Top Tips to help you improve your own Study Skills.
- Find time to study – Firstly, if you manage your time badly, inevitably you will be less productive than if you manage it well. This can lead to increased stress and anxiety levels, especially around exam time.
- Keep to a routine– Secondly, try to work in the same place at the same time each day. Also, make sure you have everything you need before you start.
- Work to your strengths– And also try to schedule challenging tasks for when you are most alert, and routine ones for when you may be feeling more tired.
- Don’t waste time – Rather than reading irrelevant material, skim and scan to help you decide if you need to read something critically and in-depth.
- Avoid distractions– also, you must sitch emails and social media off to prevent your mind wandering while trying to learn new information!
- Regularly review your notes– Plus you should try to cut out what you don’t need. Ask yourself the question: “Is this information is relevant to my assignment, and how does it relate to what I already know.”
- Vary how you to take notes – We suggest that you use Mind Maps and diagrams to generate ideas and linear notes to focus your ideas for essay or report plans.
- Be critical– And also remember to ensure that you always add your own comment to every concept or quotation that you write down. Maintain a critical and analytical approach at all times!
- Plan your work– If writing an assignment produce a detailed plan before you start to write it. This will make the drafting process much less stressful
- Understand different styles – So, by understanding different writing styles – such as academic, journal and journalistic styles – you can put what you read into perspective. In particular, you can become more aware of any particular bias.
Our Amazon practice aptitude tests book Brilliant Passing Verbal Reasoning Tests
- I needed to get good results in verbal and numerical reasoning for an upcoming job, but I felt very nervous about it.
- This book carefully explains how to do your best. It was exactly what I was looking for.
- I didn’t want to waste $40 on those silly Test Monkey type websites, so I was happy with this book for US$10.
- Great for both grads and experienced hires applying to large firms.
Passing Numerical Reasoning Tests
- What a great practical book, including why numerical reasoning tests are used.
- And who/how we use numerical reasoning. Plus many tips for your test day.
- It even helps you brush up on your Maths skills – yes all those little shortcuts you wish you remembered.
- Definitely a worthwhile buy.
Further School Entrance blogs
… which also relate to this subject.
Secondly, Should I choose a Private School or a Grammar School, Words of encouragement for a test, How much homework is necessary.