Welcome to our 11+ blog titled, When is 11 Plus results day?.
Key 11+ exam 2021 Dates
- April 2021: Most grammar schools open registration in April/May and the deadline is generally around June or July for parents to register their child for the 11+ exam. However there is some variability, so it is important to check the precise dates with the schools you are applying to. Some counties such as Buckinghamshire automatically enter all primary children for the 11+ exam and parents can then choose to opt out to withdraw their child from the process.
- September 2021: For most grammar schools, the 11+ exam will occur during the first two weeks in September 2021. However, this year there are quite a few differences in when the exam will occur, and the dates range from September to October. Here are some key dates to watch out for:
- October 2021: 11+ results will be posted in mid-October 2021. However, depending on when the exam occurs in your county, this may differ.
- March 2022: School allocations are confirmed on 1 March 2022.
- September 2022: New intake begins Year 7 at grammar schools across the UK.
Summary key dates for the 11 plus exam 2022Typically, most grammar schools’ 11 plus results day
- Will be within week 1 and week 2 of Sept. 2022.
- 11+ results will typically be posted in mid-October 2022.
When is our county’s 11 plus results day?When do the 11 Plus results come out? Most 11-plus results come out mid-October, though the exact date varies by region. Here are the earliest and latest 11 plus results days (in 2020): Bexley: 7th Oct.; and Plymouth: 7 Dec. For example, Kent’s 11 plus test results were sent out on 2nd Nov. Those registered online, were sent an email after 4pm on Kent’s 11 plus results day.
CSSE Essex 11 plus resultsThe CSSE 11 plus test results for all Essex grammar schools are scheduled to be posted by 1st class post on 2nd December. From 3rd December, the online link will reopen for you to view your child’s test results on their record. Here is the site for the official CSSE 11+ Results for 2021 Entry
– – ALL11-plus results are strictly embargoed, so there is no way to find out your child’s score early – – –Although it is only a month or so, the wait between taking the 11-plus and receiving results can feel very long. Results day can be extremely stressful – for both parents and children. If you’ve had good news, congratulations! You should be very proud. However, remember to be considerate of parents and children who may have had disappointing results. Remind your child not to boast about their score at school.
What to do if your child does not pass the 11+?Try to hide your disappointment if your own child did not pass the 11- plus. Unfortunately, it is not possible to appeal your child’s score or to re-sit the 11-plus. Instead, focus on the positives of the school your child will be attending. Reassure your son or daughter that you love them and are proud of them. Praise their other achievements and try to move on quickly. 11 Plus results are expressed as a standardised score. Standardisation is a common practice in conveying exam results. Although it is intended to remove variable elements from the scores, it tends to create great confusion. However standardised scores are much more useful measures than raw scores. These scores compare test-takers to large, nationally representative sample that has taken the test prior to publication. Therefore they give you a comparative look at your child’s results.
11 Plus Test Taking TipsFirstly, try our Maths tips and or our English Comprehension practice. Secondly, we also offer 11+ Verbal Reasoning practice. And then next, How The 11+ Exam 2021 Has Changed. Finally, find out more tips by reading What Score Do You Need For Passing 11 Plus; the most popular grammar schools; our feature on 11 plus exam differences and some further 11+ past papers.
See our useful grammar school guides: firstly Where is my local grammar school?
and then also Where’s my local London Grammar Schools?