This feature focuses on the aptitude test tips useful for the 11+ English test papers.
11+ English Practice
Your understanding will be tested in many different ways, including:
- Presenting the same information in a different way
- Identifying the key points
- Distinguishing between what is portrayed as fact and fiction
There are several different questions types that you might encounter in the comprehension test. One question format asks you to identify the particular audience that a passage or extract is aimed at. Go with your instinct. Think about the reading level and tone. Does it sound like school policy to you? Does it read as though it is information for teachers? Is the piece’s reading level accessible to pupils?
11+ English Papers Practice Tips
Another question format asks you to suggest summary headings. Analyse the main point(s) of the paragraph objectively. What key point should be highlighted? Don’t be misled by something that’s only mentioned once in a single phrase or sentence. It can be helpful, particularly if you are short of time, to focus on the first and last sentences in a paragraph. This is where you are likely to find the topic sentence. In a well-written paragraph, the topic sentence summarises the paragraph’s main point.
aptitude test practice
For each passage, you need to consider both the overall meaning and the detail. To assess the bigger picture, ask yourself questions such as: What is the main message? Who is the intended audience? When reflecting on the passage’s detail ask yourself: What are the facts? What’s the most important information in a passage?
More 11+ English Practice and 11+ English Tips
English Practice Tip 1 – Summarising the main points that the passage makes.
Practice Tip 2 – Evaluating whether statements are supported, contradicted, or implied by the information in the passage.
– Placing statements based on the passage into set categories.
– Putting sentences about a passage describing sequential events into the correct order.
11+ English Papers practice – Literacy tips
- Don’t rush to answer questions without referring back to the passage. Even if you think that you know the answer without looking it’s always worth double checking. First, check against the question and then against the passage.
- You need to be one hundred percent happy with your answer. If it isn’t quite what you were looking for then it is probably wrong.
aptitude test practice
1) Ask yourself, is now the best time to start your 11+ Prep for 2019?
2) If so, here are some useful Grammar School application tips. You need to consider 11 Plus Exam By UK Region.
– If you are considering those grammar schools in Outer London then we have a useful London Grammar school list.
– Otherwise, England’s other grammar schools are accessed from this regional grammar school list.
3) Are the grammar schools of interest CEM 11+ exam Grammar schools. If so focus on School Entrance Tests’ 11 plus practice tests of CEM 11 Plus type.
* Our 7-Step guide is designed for busy parents!
5) So, select the most relevant 11 plus exams from our comprehensive list of 11 Plus Past Exam Papers.
7) Here’s School Entrance Tests’ own tips for passing the 11 plus and further 11 plus tests:
- 11 Plus Maths practice: Firstly, our useful mental Maths practice. You may also find these CAT Practice Tips Intro
- Our 11 Plus Verbal Reasoning Practice: In our opinion these are some of the best 11 plus tips for Verbal Reasoning. Next, the School Entrance Tests 11+ Verbal Reasoning Practice. Here is our book on Passing Verbal Reasoning Tests
- Our English 11 plus test practice and 11 plus English tips: firstly, to improve your literacy Secondly, practice to improve your spelling and grammar. Thirdly, some general 11 plus English tips.
- 11 Plus non-verbal reasoning tips: We are very proud of our 11 Plus non-verbal reasoning article with the City Kids magazine.
aptitude test practice
GENERIC APTITUDE PRACTICE TESTS
We offer many generic free psychometric tips and practice tests.
- Firstly, Aptitude test tips and aptitude test practice.
- Secondly, Numeracy test practice.
- Thirdly, Literacy test practice.
- Then next, Situational judgement test practice.
- Plus, Passing situational judgment tests.
- Then also, Situational judgment test tips.
- Finally, Bespoke 11+ Verbal reasoning test papers.
11+ English Practice / 11+ English Tips
CAREER SPECIFIC APTITUDE TEST PRACTICE
Here is our How to Pass Army Tests
; and army test practice. Then next our Our Army aptitude test design process. Plus also there is our Army situational judgement test design. en next is our Navy Aptitude Test Practice and also there is our RAF Aptitude Test Practice. Finally, here is our Practice Literacy Test and practice Numeracy Test.
Our Practice Test Books