Inspiring answers by Bhagya Reddy, one of the Women in Data Ambassadors 2019 on her life and working in a Principal Data Engineer job
Name and job role. Bhagya Reddy, Principal Data Engineer
2. What is something about you people might not know?
I never give up until I achieve and always have a plan and work towards that.
3. What are your hobbies?
Gardening, learning new technology trends, networking, cooking
4. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
Head of the department (in short time), longtime probably a partner or CEO.
5. Who was your biggest influence growing up?… who were your role models?
Partner in my current company & HR director or my company, Indira Gandhi.
6. What were your favourite subjects at school?
Maths, Science, Computers
7. What were your least favourite subjects at school?
8. How did you come to choose your current career path or were you led to it?
Love towards computers and data.
9. What are the biggest changes in the world of work (for women) that you are excited about?
Getting to executive board level is still a challenge, need to prove 2 times if you are a women.
10. Would you say having a degree is the only path to a successful career? Would you say there are opportunities for women entrepreneurs in your career?
A base degree had to be there and love towards data science definitely get you there
11. What advice would you give your younger self and school leavers today?
Have high aspirations and work towards that. Start structuring your goals towards your career path from early school days onwards.
Have good role models and never hesitate to ask for help or if you need clarity.
Our other STEM Ambassadors
Data Engineer Jobs