Being a child in today’s society can be very stressful. Not only do they have to deal with puberty and the normal stresses of childhood, but also the added strains of technology, social media and higher academic expectations.
Use this handy quiz to have a look at how stressed your child may be.
It might be a good idea to have a look at your child’s stress levels. Stress can be debilitating and might be manifested in a wide range of symptoms. Stress symptoms can affect your child’s body, thoughts, feelings and behaviour.
- Tummy ache, upset tummy
- Exhaustion / low energy levels
- Aches and pains
- Sore muscles
- Lowered immune system / frequent colds or infections
- Altered sleeping patterns/insomnia
- Being overly emotional
However, these are some great strategies to implement to guard against these.
- Get out there, in nature if possible.
- Go for a walk, take your bicycle, but get out there and get your blood flowing.
- Good eating habits. Have a look at this very interesting blog regarding this. How to stay healthy during exams
- Consider supplements like Magnesium, Iron and Vit D3
- Spend time away from screens
- Spend time with family and friends
- Get enough sleep
- Last, but not least LAUGH!