The A-Level pass grades are A*, A, B, C, D and E. If you fail your exam, you get a U (meaning ungraded).
A-Level and GCSE Grade Boundaries 2019
But how well do you need to do to get these grades in your 2019 A-Levels?
The system that is used to decide what’s written on your A-Level results sheet is based on grade boundaries. B
Introduction – grade boundaries 2019 exams
Every year, exam boards draw up a system to decide what grade everyone will get.
A grade boundary is a minimum mark you would need to get that grade.
These are only decided after all the exams have been marked. Grade boundaries are set for each exam, depending on how difficult it turned out to be for the candidates. This means students are not penalised with poor grades if their exam was especially hard.
Senior examiners compare completed exam papers from this year with those from last year so they can maintain a similar standard. They then decide a minimum mark for each grade. Each student’s grade can then be worked out.
Grade boundaries for A and E are set first, then the others slotted in at equal intervals.
Grade boundaries 2019 exams
For 2019, the grade boundaries will be published on exam board websites on Thursday, August 15.
AQA A-Level grade boundaries 2019 exams
- A-level – qualifications that use uniform marks (80.6 KB)
- A- reformed linear (156.6 KB)
- AS – reformed linear (126.3 KB)
- Applied General (37.8 KB)
- AQA Level 1 and Level 2 Certificates (37.9 KB)
- Level 3 Certificates (35.6 KB)
- AQA Level 1 and Level 2 Awards and Technical Award (50.6 KB)
- ELC (38.4 KB)
- Extended Project Qualification (33.4 KB)
- FCSE (37.2 KB)
- FSMQ Advanced (Pilot) (34.3 KB)
- Functional Skills – Levels 1 and 2 (34.6 KB)
- GCSE (268.1 KB)
- AQA Certificate (33.1 KB)
- Project – Levels 1 and 2 (33.6 KB)
- Tech-level – Level 3 (37.4 KB)
Pearson Edexcel A-Level grade boundaries 2019 exams
The A-Level grade boundaries for 2019 exams:
OCR (Oxford, Cambridge and RSA) Grade boundaries 2019 exams
The A-Level grade boundaries for 2019 exams.
GCSE, Cambridge Nationals and other qualifications
AS and A Level, Level 3 Certificate and Cambridge Technicals
CCEA Grade boundaries 2019 exams
The A-Level grade boundaries for 2019 exams will be available here.