How fresh are your English writing skills? Have fun.
English writing is a skill you will use throughout your education. In Primary school, Secondary school, College and University. While in education, your English writing skills will usually be used in writing essays.
English writing could not only do well to prepare you for a career in writing or blogging. It is also a great way to stimulate and nurture logical thinking and gives an outlet to many people. Whether it is for journal writing, blogging or your local village newspaper.
In our most recent survey, we have a look at whether you might need to refresh your essay writing skills. Is your writing clear and to the point?
We also give some great tips on how to improve your essay writing skills if necessary.
How do you write a good essay?
- Understand the topic
- Structure your essay – Introduction, Body, Conclusion and References if needed
- Answer the question of the essay
How to structure your essay:
- Introduction: Keep it short and to the point. Only one to two paragraphs.
- Body: Here you summarise your argument or facts. Keep it clear and to the point with an idea per paragraph.
- Conclusion: This should also be short and to the point. Here, you want to summarise your points or argument from your essay.
Your style should always be clear so that you can express your opinion clearly and precisely.
Do you need to refresh your essay writing style? Try our quiz and see what might be lacking.
It might just be that you need to practice a bit more. However, taking a look at where you can improve might be just what you need. Getting stuck in a rut might be the problem, so why not freshen up your English writing skills. There is always room for improvement.
For more regular surveys, keep an eye on our Blogs or join our mailing list.