English writing is a skill you will use throughout your education. In Primary school, Secondary school, College and University. While in education, your English writing skills will usually be used in writing essays. English writing could not only do well to prepare you for a career in writing or blogging. It is also a great way to stimulate and nurture logical thinking and gives an outlet to many people. Whether it is for journal writing, blogging or your local village newspaper. In our most recent survey, we have a look at whether you might need to refresh your essay writing skills. Is your writing clear and to the point? We also give some great tips on how to improve your essay writing skills if necessary. How do you write a good essay?
How fresh are your English writing skills? Have fun.
- Understand the topic
- Structure your essay – Introduction, Body, Conclusion and References if needed
- Answer the question of the essay
How to structure your essay:
- Introduction: Keep it short and to the point. Only one to two paragraphs.
- Body: Here you summarise your argument or facts. Keep it clear and to the point with an idea per paragraph.
- Conclusion: This should also be short and to the point. Here, you want to summarise your points or argument from your essay.