Welcome to our How Effective is Your Time Management Survey!
To have effective time management skills are something we all strive for. To only have more time to do the things we really like. How good are yours?
Effective time management is something that we can all appreciate. Whether you are the CEO of a big company. Whether you are studying for your 11 Plus exams. Balance is something we all strive for.
However, there just never seems to be enough time to get to it all. Especially to get to all those extramurals, to read enough, to play, and the list goes on. Being able to effectively manage your time is another one of the skills that can enrich your life and eliminate some of the biggest stressors.
Learning to Read
Reading is such a fundamental starting block for any learning. It is the main channel for learning in most schools or educational settings and a necessity for future academic achievement in mainstream education.
Children are however not always ready for the world of reading by the time they go to school. The reason for this is as important as the solution. Some of these reasons or causes for why they may not be susceptible to the world of reading are exactly what you need to identify in order to find the best solutions.
A younger sibling might feel intimidated by the reading ability of the older. Best solutions would include reading separately with the younger sibling to build their confidence.
Advice about Learning to Read
- A child may not be developmentally ready for reading. Ways to help with this is to
- Make sure your child knows their sounds. This can be tricky as English is not a phonetical language. Find games, whether on screen or paper to help them learn the rules. Teach Your Monster To Read has been a favourite for us.
- Start off with pictures, discussing the story told by these and developing a curiosity for the story and expressing themselves in language.
- Follow your child’s reading with your finger to give them a point to focus on.
- Find stories that interest them. Whether they are into dinosaurs or princesses. Topics that interest them is the key.
Always remember not to put pressure on your child to start reading. We all do things in our own time, but a negative feeling towards reading can last a lifetime. Instead, focus on creating a love for readingby reading them stories from a young age. When they are ready they will want to carry on finding the stories they love. Children will more readily follow what you do, so also make sure to show them that you make time to read your own books.
Our Other Popular Personality Surveys
You might also enjoy the following:
Firstly, How stressed is your child?
Thirdly, How are your Basic Tutoring Skills?