Welcome to our 11 Plus Verbal Reasoning Quiz!
Firstly, in this 11 Plus verbal reasoning quiz, we look at the shorter multiple-choice questions in which your vocabulary will be tested.
There isn’t always time to work through all these past papers, so why not try our ten-minute test version below.
Your verbal reasoning skills may be something that you’ve taken for granted. Or you may have assumed that they are only relevant for people who like doing crosswords and playing Scrabble. In fact, reading comprehension is something that we all do every day in both our personal lives and at work.
From newspapers and magazines to correspondence and company reports, you use your verbal reasoning skills to make sense of all different types of writing. Whether you are aware of it or not, you use your verbal reasoning skills when following a new recipe, reading a notice at a train station, applying for a bank account, or browsing through holiday brochure.
Read the question carefully and make sure you understand exactly what is being asked before attempting an answer.
11 Plus Verbal Reasoning test
Everyone needs to have basic verbal reasoning skills to survive daily life. And good verbal reasoning skills are a key prerequisite for many different jobs. Any job that involves frequent communication requires verbal reasoning skills.
This could mean written communication in emails or reports, or spoken and written communication such as in teaching. In a commercial environment, for instance, call centre employees need to be able to converse clearly with their customers. At the graduate and managerial levels, many jobs require the interpretation and critical analysis of complex verbal information.
11 Plus Verbal Reasoning test practice book
Another really useful book by Rob. I will be recommending this to my delegates on interviewing/assessment techniques training; clear, concise and, if you are applying for jobs with a strong numerical focus, the best £10 you will spend! I heartily recommend.
Great book and pretty hard numerical exercises.
Useful, informative and good value
11 Plus Verbal Reasoning test
Our Amazon practice aptitude tests book Brilliant Passing Verbal Reasoning Tests
- I needed to get good results in verbal and numerical reasoning for an upcoming job, but I felt very nervous about it.
- This book carefully explains how to do your best. It was exactly what I was looking for.
- I didn’t want to waste $40 on those silly Test Monkey type websites, so I was happy with this book for US$10.
- Great for both grads and experienced hires applying to large firms.
- What a great practical book, including why numerical reasoning tests are used.
- And who/how we use numerical reasoning. Plus many tips for your test day.
- It even helps you brush up on your Maths skills – yes all those little shortcuts you wish you remembered.
- Definitely a worthwhile buy.
When time is limited make use of our very handy 10-minute quizzes,
including a free Ten-Minute Maths Test for 11 Plus and a range of very reasonably priced 10-minute quizzes.
11 plus verbal reasoning test practice