Firstly, below we look at 11 Plus GL exams content. An informative infographic on the types of questions and also material to learn for 11 Plus GL exams.
11 Plus GL Exams Explained
A brief look at the different exams used within the 11 Plus GL exams. Also, have a look at Grammar schools using GL.
Grammar school entrance exams are usually set up either by CEM or GL Assessments. In some cases schools also have their own exams as part of the school entrance exams. It is therefore very important to make sure from the school or schools that you are interested in, exactly what their entrance exams will be based on. If you or your child is not sure what to study, how will your child be able to prepare? Practice is a key element. Therefore, practising the wrong thing will surely just be a waste of your child’s time and energy.
In this 11Plus GL exams infographic, we highlight which topics are covered within each of these exam papers. These are subject matter as set by GL Assessment and will be different for different exam boards or schools.
These exams from the 11Plus GL exams board include:
- Firstly, verbal reasoning
- Secondly, non-verbal reasoning
- Thirdly, numerical reasoning or Maths
- Lastly, English
For each of these 11Plus GL exams, the following content can be expected.
Verbal Reasoning – problem-solving using words and language.
- Word Meanings
- Capital letters and punctuation
- Word Choice
Non-Verbal Reasoning – problem-solving using visual reasoning
- Spatial awareness
- Matrix questions
- Series questions
- Shapes when folded
- Mirror images
Numerical Reasoning / Maths – problem-solving using numbers
- Times Tables
- Basic Operations (+, -, x, /)
- Shapes and Space (Area, volume)
- Mental Maths
- Highest Common Denominator
- Lowest Common Multiple
- Time & Speed
- Graphs & Pie Charts
- Reflection & Rotation
- Prime Factors
English – problem-solving using the English language and words
- Identify word patterns
- Find similarities
- Verbal information
1) Ask yourself, is now the best time to start your 11+ Prep for 2019?
2) If so, here are some useful Grammar School application tips. You need to consider 11 Plus Exam By UK Region.
– If you are considering those grammar schools in Outer London then we have a useful London Grammar school list.
– Otherwise, England’s other grammar schools are accessed from this regional grammar school list.
* Our 7-Step guide is designed for busy parents!
5) So, select the most relevant 11 plus exams from our comprehensive list of 11 Plus Past Exam Papers.
7) Here’s School Entrance Tests’s own tips for passing the 11 plus and further 11 plus tests:
- 11 Plus Maths practice: Firstly, our useful mental Maths practice. You may also find these CAT Practice Tips Intro
- Our 11 Plus Verbal Reasoning Practice: In our opinion these are some of the best 11 plus tips for Verbal Reasoning. Next, the School Entrance Tests 11+ Verbal Reasoning Practice. Here is our book on Passing Verbal Reasoning Tests
- Our English 11 plus test practice and 11 plus English tips: firstly, to improve your literacy Secondly, practice to improve your spelling and grammar. Thirdly, some general 11 plus English tips.
- 11 Plus non verbal reasoning tips: We are very proud of our 11 Plus non verbal reasoning article with the City Kids magazine.