Firstly, Private School 12 plus exams and 13 plus English exam papers can be found below.
There is a huge range of Independent/private schools spread out over Great Britain, which is why we focus here on 12 Plus Exams and 13 Plus English Exams.
For more 13 Plus and 14 Plus exam practice papers can be found on 13 Plus Exam and 14 Plus Exams Practice page.
Our other gifted children practice tests
Premium practice 12 plus exams, and practice 13 plus exams
We also offer premium, paid-for practice test papers from our partner:
- We also partner to offer premium school practice exams available by subject:
These schools are fee-paying and most of them are members of the ISI (Independent Schools Inspectorate). Private schools are run by governors. They are therefore independent of many regulations that apply to state schools. The biggest of these regulations that they are independent of is the National Curriculum.
Private Secondary Schools
- Firstly, private secondary schools cater for children between 11 and 13 to 16 and often has a Sixth Form within the school for children 16-18.
Many of these private schools are also members of the Independent Schools Council (ISC). This is a non-profit organisation representing about 80% independent schools in the UK (in 2011).
- Secondly, independent schools that belong to the ISC are inspected by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) according to a framework agreed upon between the various assessment bodies including the DfE and Ofsted. Ofsted oversees this.
All independent schools in England are however registered with the Department of Education. The Secretary of State for Education, therefore, regulates these schools.
- Thirdly, the best way to search for school options is probably to have a look at the schools in the area and work from there. You can then find the Website and Admissions pages for these schools either through the above links or by going to our various pages like:
12 plus exams
- Firstly, as each private school manages their own admission procedures, these vary greatly. Most private schools are however academically selective and even those that don’t, require an interview to see whether your child would fit into their particular school environment.
- Secondly, for academically selective schools various forms of assessment can be used either at 11+, 12+ or 13+. These may include Maths, English, Verbal Reasoning, Non-verbal Reasoning and also exams on various other subjects. The best would be to check the Admissions page of your preferred schools.
- Lastly, for specimen papers and past papers have a further look at our vast collection.
Below you will find various past papers from well-known schools.
Subjects covered include
Private School Entrance Exams 12+
Maths (City of London Freemen’s School)
12+ Maths (City of London Freemen’s School 2014) also
Maths (Junior King’s 2014) also
12+ Maths (Junior King’s 2013)
Maths (Junior King’s 2012)
12+ Maths (Junior King’s 2011)
English 13+ exams
English (ISEB Level 2 Paper 1 November 2014) – with mark scheme
13+English (ISEB Level 2 Paper 2 November 2014) – with mark scheme
13+ English (ISEB Level 2 Paper 1 June 2014) – with mark scheme
13+English (ISEB Level 2 Paper 2 June 2014) – with mark scheme
13+ English (ISEB Level 2 Paper 1 January 2014) – with mark scheme
13+English (ISEB Level 2 Paper 2 January 2014) – with mark scheme
13+ English (ISEB Level 2 Paper 1 November 2013)
13+English (ISEB Level 2 Paper 2 November 2013) – with mark scheme
13+ English (ISEB Levels 1&2 Paper 2 2012)
13+English (ISEB Paper 1 Autumn 2013)
13+ English (ISEB Paper 2 Autumn 2013)
13+English Mark Scheme (ISEB Papers 1 and 2 2013)
13+ English (ISEB Paper 1 2012)
English (ISEB Paper 2 2012)
English 13+ exam papers (continued)
Firstly, 13+English (Shrewsbury 2014)
Secondly, 13+ English (St Edward’s 2016)
English (St Edward’s Scholarship 2016)
13+ English (St Edward’s Scholarship 2015)
English (St Edward’s 2014)
13+ English (St Edward’s Scholarship 2013-14).
English (St Edward’s 2013)
13+ English (St Edward’s 2012-13)
English (St Edward’s 2011-12)
Lastly, 13+ English (St Edward’s 2010).
12 Plus Exams