Amount of tutoring needed
Once again there is no precise answer about how much is the right amount. During term time, most tutors will hold a weekly session of between 60 to 90 minutes with additional homework set each week. In the holidays the tutor may also recommend extra sessions. This is especially important in the summer period leading up to the 11 Plus exams in Autumn.
11 plus tutors
This section is for those for fancy a change and wants to practice a different type (and difficulty) of test. For example the 11+ exam. There are a wide variety of different practice test formats and difficulties shown below.
11+ Exam Tutors
You can find the relevant 11 plus past papers by clicking on the link below. There are also school entrance 11 plus past papers available, including all the premier London-based private schools.
11+ Exams and
How to do well on 11 Plus Maths papers
The general advice given is typical that some focussed test practice will improve your score. Unfortunately, there aren’t any quick wins for being good at Maths.
- Give your “first response”. Don’t second guess what is being looked for since “faking” and lying are easily picked up.
- As a timed test, you need to average around one minute per question. Work briskly but accurately.
- Each question counts the same so pick off the easy ones first and don’t waste your test time on the most difficult questions.
- Practise some of the most common numerical test types at the main test publisher websites. For this reason alone, we strongly advise practising sample questions from Kenexa-IBM, TalentQ and SHL sites. ensure that you are comfortable using data tables, interpreting graphs and manipulating large financial figures.
11 plus tutors
How to do well on 11 Plus verbal reasoning papers
The 11 plus comprehension format has a short text passage followed by a series of questions about
- Conclusions from the passage content.
Our 11 plus verbal reasoning test tips are to:
- To carefully read each question. Often questions hinge on 1-2 keywords so you must take more care to interpret these accurately.
- If questioned whether something “always” applies whilst the passage states that it is “sometimes” the case, then this is a false interpretation.
- One useful strategy is to scan the passage initially, then to read it in more detail.
- It’s more efficient as you answer each question if you can recall roughly where to find the answer in the passage.
7+, 9+, 10+, 12+, 13+ and 14+ Exam Papers
We hope these 10+ 12+ 13 + past papers are useful:
12+ Past Papers.
14+ Past Papers.